Tuesday 1 June 2010

Welcome

I live in Brent, London, an area of London that is very exciting and diverse. My particular motivation for starting this blog is to make the area more appealing to its locals by making the most of one of its main attractions - Roundwood Park.

The park itself is the star, it has green flag status, it has a fabulous cafe and beautifully landscaped gardens, well used basketball courts and a developing wildlife garden. I'll fill you in on the park more later.

What it needs is a boost to make the most of its assets that are either under-used, run down or dilapidated such as the summer theatre, the paths, annex and the aviary. I am really keen to work with other people to achieve this, at the moment I'm not sure what shape that will take, I need the input of more people to decide what they want from it and hopefully make it a reality.

Through this blog I hope to learn about how the park is used, what improvements locals would like to see, rally some support for the initiative, be a contact point for people interested in the park, learn from the collective wisdom out there, share my experiences and hopefully help improve my neighbourhood.

This is a learning experience for me so I've decided to call this blog 'workingprototype', until a time where the community wants to set up a dedicated Roundwood Park group and give it its own name.

No comments:

Post a Comment